Communicare is a community mental health center in North Central Mississippi that serves Calhoun, Lafayette, Marshall, Panola, Tate and Yalobusha counties. Communicare offers specialized treatment services for adults with serious mental illness, children with serious emotional disturbances, individuals with substance abuse disorders and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Communicare is currently seeking a Family Coordinator at our Crisis Stabilization Unit in Panola County.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact family members of clients the next business day after admission to the CSU.
- Complete a family intake form, collecting key information about the client’s behaviors and proven methods of past treatment.
- Coordinate the discharge plan with the family.
- Provide family psychoeducation via virtual platforms.
- Coordinate family therapy sessions with the assigned therapist.
- Participate in all treatment team meetings.
- Complete GPRA/NOMS assessments as requested by administration.
- Document all family contacts in the EHR.
- Ensure appropriate linkages with providers upon discharge to the next level of care.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field is preferred; however, a High School Diploma or GED will be accepted if the individual can obtain a CPSS (certified peer support specialist) credential from the Dept. of Mental Health.
- Knowledge of various Microsoft computer programs.
- Must be knowledgeable in mental health diagnoses and treatment.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, proof of liability insurance, and an insurance driving record.
- Complete and maintain all required training from the agency and regulatory outside agencies.
- Ability to work independently and accept supervision.
- Acceptable criminal background check.
Because we are the people who care, Communicare offers competitive benefits for full-time employees, including health protection plans, income protection, and paid time off.
Our popular benefits:
· Medical Insurance
· Critical Illness Insurance
· Life/AD&D/Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Dental/Vision/Term Life/Cancer coverage available
· Retirement Plan
· 403-B matching
· 11 Holidays per year
· 15 Annual Leave days per year (18 days after 3 years of employment)
· 15 Sick Leave per year
· Professional Development leave
· Jury leave
· Military leave
Compensation: $24,000.00 - $29,500.00 per year
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Communicare is the community mental health center serving the Northern Central counties of Mississippi, including Calhoun, Lafayette, Marshall, Panola, Tate, and Yalobusha.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)