Communicare is a community mental health center in North Central Mississippi that serves Calhoun, Lafayette, Marshall, Panola, Tate and Yalobusha counties. Communicare offers specialized treatment services for adults with serious mental illness, children with serious emotional disturbances, individuals with substance abuse disorders and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Communicare is currently seeking a Direct Service Worker.
The position requires a High school graduate or Equivalent. The Day Services Adult Direct Support Professional will provide direct care for individuals who are designated as ID/DD who attend the Adult Day Services program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Services provided will include:
- Assistance and acquisition, retention, or improvement in social self-help, socialization, and other adaptive skills that enhance social development and skills in performing activities of daily living
- Meaningful day activities for the Individual to include the acquisition and maintenance of skills, building positive social behavior and interpersonal competence, greater independence and personal choice
- Community integration activities
- Work under the supervision of the Day Services Adult Supervisor or other supervisor as designated.
- Serve as a member of the Communicare Treatment Team and participate in team meetings as required
- Maintain responsibility for monitoring and supervising individuals at all times during service provision, whether in the program building, during transporting, or in the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to perform the responsibilities of the job as listed above.
- Must be CPI certified or able to complete CPI training and any other training required by DMH and Communicare
- Ability to relate positively to individuals who are served through the Adult Day Services program and their families.
- Must have transportation or access to transportation and be able to provide transportation to individuals being served. A current valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and an insurable driving record must be maintained continuously throughout employment.
Because we are the people who care, Communicare offers competitive benefits for full-time employees, including health protection plans, income protection, and paid time off.
Our popular benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Life/AD&D/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Dental/Vision/Term Life/Cancer coverage available
- Retirement Plan
- 403-B matching
- 11 Holidays per year
- 15 Annual Leave days per year (18 days after 3 years of employment)
- 15 Sick Leave per year
- Professional Development leave
- Jury leave
- Military leave
Compensation: $9.00 per hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Communicare is the community mental health center serving the Northern Central counties of Mississippi, including Calhoun, Lafayette, Marshall, Panola, Tate, and Yalobusha.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)