Communicare is a community mental health center in North Central Mississippi that serves Calhoun, Lafayette, Marshall, Panola, Tate and Yalobusha counties. Communicare offers specialized treatment services for adults with serious mental illness, children with serious emotional disturbances, individuals with substance abuse disorders and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Communicare is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician.
Maintenance work to keep the interior and exterior of Communicare’s Haven House building and grounds in clean, neat and orderly working condition. Although the primary responsibility is at Haven House, this individual also performs duties for/on other Communicare facilities.
- Maintain operational condition of building interiors including heating, cooling, lighting, plumbing and electrical equipment.
- Conducts routine maintenance of the above systems.
- Maintain exterior of building and grounds including parking lots, windows, doors, etc.
- Maintain an accurate, electronic database of maintenance requests and solutions.
- Inspect Haven House on a regular scheduled basis to determine any repair or other service needs, including some general cleaning duties.
- Replace ceiling tiles, ballasts, plug covers etc., as needed throughout the Haven House.
- Perform monthly safety drills at Haven House, based on the requirements set forth in the Mississippi Department of Mental Health Standards.
- Performs building safety audit/inspections and completes and/or directs the repair of any function in noncompliance of building safety requirements.
- Drive Center vehicles to deliver and pickup supplies and materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, Director Substance Abuse Services, the Executive Director, or other authority.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Knowledge of general maintenance skills for commercial building and a general understanding of heating, cooling, lighting, plumbing, and electrical equipment in order to make clear decisions on how the system should be repaired, when necessary..
- Valid driver’s license, liability insurance, insurable driving record.
- Ability to work independently and accept supervision.
- Acceptable criminal background check.
Because we are the people who care, Communicare offers competitive benefits for full-time employees, including health protection plans, income protection, and paid time off.
Our popular benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Life/AD&D/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Dental/Vision/Term Life/Cancer coverage available
- Retirement Plan
- 403-B matching
- 11 Holidays per year
- 15 Annual Leave days per year (18 days after 3 years of employment)
- 15 Sick Leave per year
- Professional Development leave
- Jury leave
- Military leave
Compensation: $14.43 per hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Communicare is the community mental health center serving the Northern Central counties of Mississippi, including Calhoun, Lafayette, Marshall, Panola, Tate, and Yalobusha.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)