Communicare is a community mental health center in North Central Mississippi that serves Calhoun, Lafayette, Marshall, Panola, Tate and Yalobusha counties. Communicare offers specialized treatment services for adults with serious mental illness, children with serious emotional disturbances, individuals with substance abuse disorders and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Communicare is currently seeking a Intensive Therapist at our Yalobusha County office in Water Valley, MS
- Provide services to individuals in crisis or at high risk of crisis as well as individuals returning to community living following hospitalization and other clients as assigned. Provide ancillary services necessary to promote continuity of care for these individuals, thereby reducing the chances of hospitalization or rehospitalization. Work a flexible schedule as appropriate to meet these objectives
- Meet all Communicare, Department of Mental Health, and Division of Medicaid standards and policies regarding patient care and documentation. Provide timely services and documentation as directed and meet productivity requirements.
- Attend meetings and trainings as assigned. Successfully complete training in crisis intervention, suicide prevention, dealing with aggressive behavior ( CPI or MANDT), pre-evaluation screenings for civil commitments, and other trainings as deemed necessary by Communicare.
- Assist the MCeRT Coordinator in collecting and maintaining information as needed or required.
- Assist the MCeRT Coordinator in providing training in the handling of psychiatric, substance abuse and IDD emergencies in children and adults for other agencies, such as law enforcement, emergency rooms, court personnel, and other agencies as appropriate.
- Serve as a member of Communicare’s MAP and AMAP Teams.
- Serve as a member of Communicare’s treatment teams.
- Serve as a member of the Mobile Crisis Response Team and be on-call.
- Provide rapid response crisis services, intakes, and therapy services to adults as well as children/youth as directed according to time guidelines set by Communicare. Follow up (within 48 hours) with individuals who have utilized crisis services and /or are at high risk for needing crisis services. Carry an ongoing caseload as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Office Supervisor, MCeRT Coordinator or Clinical Director of Crisis Services.
- Master’s Degree and license or certification in counseling, psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy, or other related behavioral health care field preferred. If not already licensed or certified must be eligible for licensure or Department of Mental Health certification.
- Pass a Communicare background check and drug screen. Communicare is a drug-free workplace.
- Two years of experience in mental health or closely related field is preferred. One year of experience may be acceptable for otherwise highly qualified individuals.
- Ability to perform the responsibilities of the position as described above.
- Ability to relate positively to individuals who utilize the emergency/crisis services and their families.
- Ability to relate positively to other staff members, members of the community, and staff from other agencies.
- Must have reliable transportation and the ability to travel throughout the catchment area and to trainings and meetings in other locations outside the catchment area as needed. A current valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and an insurable driving record must be maintained continuously throughout employment.
Because we are the people who care, Communicare offers competitive benefits for full-time employees, including health protection plans, income protection, and paid time off.
Our popular benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Life/AD&D/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Dental/Vision/Term Life/Cancer coverage available
- Retirement Plan
- 403-B matching
- 11 Holidays per year
- 15 Annual Leave days per year (18 days after 3 years of employment)
- 15 Sick Leave per year
- Professional Development leave
- Jury leave
- Military leave
Compensation: $37,000.00 per year
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Communicare is the community mental health center serving the Northern Central counties of Mississippi, including Calhoun, Lafayette, Marshall, Panola, Tate, and Yalobusha.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)